Value Added Services
Freightmac Management has recognised the need to include a portfolio of Value Added Services to meet the need of our clients who engage with Imports and Exports on a daily basis.
We have therefore included within our portfolio the following range of products. For each of these we have in place co-operation agreements with a selection of suppliers whom have impeccable reputations and are leaders within their own sectors.
- Marine Insurance
We work with an independent marine broker specialising in international and domestic cargo, liabilities, debtors and supply chain risks. Their cover includes some unique add on’s not normally associated with standard cargo insurance for example:
- “Storage in the Course of Transit” and “Storage Only”
- Liability cover for containers up to R100 000.00
- Legal liability insurance protection for freight operators
- The ability to extend cover to accommodate a freight operator’s customer’s export credit risks.
- Safeguards their insurable interest in cargos on which it has exercised a lien per its Standard Trading Conditions.
- Trade Finance
As a company involved in foreign trade you will face many financial and logistical challenges in both the funding and landing of your goods in South Africa. Your trade finance challenges will include:
- the financing of the goods: as your supplier will most likely want part or full payment before shipment and you will only receive cash from your clients much later
- the movement of goods: you will require shipping, marine insurance, and forwarding and clearing in order to land and deliver the goods to your warehouse
- exchange rate risk: by the time your goods have landed, the exchange rate may have changed dramatically, negatively influencing your input costs
In order to address all these challenges, our partner can provide you with complete peace of mind to manage an end to end solution for your imports – from managing supplier relationships out of their Hong Kong office, financing of goods through their Trade Finance offering, booking forward exchange cover.
We provide our own cost effective introductory in-house one day training at your premises to provide your logistics staff with a better insight regarding their daily interactions. Various topics are covered including Incoterms and various Import and export process presentations.
Through our affiliates we are also able to provide more in depth training.
Please contact Owen firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.
If any Media on this site is not Public Domain it will be removed immediately upon the written request of the owner.